What is fragrance?
It is a combination of fragrant notes which are essentially different layers that make up the final fragrance. These scents are generally split into three distinct notes; top, heart and base notes. When mixed, as per the composition, they create the final fragrance.
There are four main types of fragrances:
Fragrance; its effect
Different fragrances have varied and different effect on your body and mood. Certain fragrances calm your senses while the others could rejuvenate you. Also, depending on your subconscious memory, every fragrance has the power of taking you back into time.
Lemon grass evokes a feeling of tranquility and peace, it is almost as if you are being healed. No wonder it is used at spas. On the other hand Jasmine fills your senses with a surge; sweet, fresh and almost divine. Citrus notes always rejuvenate and add that instant zest and freshness.
At Air Roma we understand how important fragrance can be in your life and how it can impact your well-being and mind. That is why we blend them to perfection, using natural oils to deliver consistent, natural and joyous experience.
Contrary to popular belief, every fragrance has its own merits and therefore you need to choose them with care.
Benefits of some commonly used essential oils:
1. Rose Oil: As the aroma of rose essential oil begins to fill your senses, imagine the room you are in, or even your car full of roses. Visualise a garden full of roses and the air inundating your senses with its sweet aroma. By focusing on scent, you can transform a stressful environment into one that allows you to meditate in peace and relaxation.
For aromatherapy: During rose aromatherapy, the essential oils move deep into your pore and in your lungs, regenerating skin while comforting the mind. It slowly relaxes your muscles, relieves spasms, and reduces inflammation. Inhaling rose essential oil helps create a protective barrier in your body, inhibiting water loss in your skin and lowering the concentration of stress hormones in your body.
Health Benefits: Rose essential oil has some secret magical benefits. Rose oil brings a garden essence that helps cleanse the mind and heart while providing many other benefits.
- As you inhale rose oil it relieves stress, fights anxiety, and relaxes your body and mind. Rose oil is also known for combating anxiety.
- Roses are connected to sensations of love and desire. No wonder, we use the phrase “feeling rosey” that translates into feeling good, hopeful, optimistic, and full of joy. Rose essential oil aroma is known to boost libido too.
Products: Rose Air Freshener, English Gardenia Air Freshener, Japanese Rose Diffuser Oil, Japanese Rose Organic Scented Candle
2. Jasmine Oil: Jasmine has been used for centuries for its beauty, resilience, health benefits, and scent; which is sweet, yet warm and sometimes earthy. Nothing beats a deep inhalation of Jasmine to leave you feel refreshed. It makes you feel calm, relaxed, and content.
For aromatherapy: You put a few drops of Jasmine essential oil in a diffuser, which positively affects your mental health and leaves your room smelling fantastic.
Health Benefits: Jasmine is often used as an antidepressant, aphrodisiac, and sedative.
- As an antidepressant, it leaves you feeling uplifted, calm, and positive, which assists with depression.
- Aphrodisiacs make you feel romantic or in love. Jasmine can help put people in the mood for love and enhances the libido.
- Jasmine as a sedative calms the mind, body, and soul. It brings out positive and constructive emotions, which helps with stress, anger, anxiety, and depression.
Products: Jasmine Air Freshener, Mogra Air Freshener, English Gardenia, Madurai Jasmine Diffuser Oil, Jasmine Perfume Parcel
3. Lavender Oil: Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular and versatile essential oils used in aromatherapy. Distilled from the plant Lavandula angustifolia, the oil promotes relaxation and is believed to treat anxiety, fungal infections, allergies, depression, insomnia, and nausea.
For aromatherapy: Lavender oil when used as aromatherapy can treat insomnia, nausea, and depression, and can also promote relaxation and positivity..
Health Benefits: Lavender is a multipurpose oil.
- It is purported to have anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
- Lavender also has antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifying, hypotensive, and sedative effects.
- Lavender essential oil based aromatherapy may also help soothe anxiety and insomnia.
Products: Lavender Air Freshener, Turquoise Sea Breeze Air Freshener, English Ocean Diffuser Oil, Lavender Perfume Parcel, Lavender Bathroom Gel Freshener
4. Lemongrass Oil: Lemongrass oil comes from the leaves or grasses of the lemongrass plant, most often the Cymbopogon flexuosus or Cymbopogon citratus plants. The oil has a light and fresh lemony smell with earthy undertones. Besides being a delicious citrusy seasoning in Southeastern Asian cooking, most of us would never guess that this delicious thready grass holds so much healing power inside its fibrous stalks.
For aromatherapy: Lemongrass essential oil is used as aromatherapy to kill bacteria, ward off insects, and reduce body aches.
Health Benefits: Lemongrass is very stimulating, relaxing, soothing and balancing.
- The compounds of lemongrass essential oils are known to have antifungal, insecticidal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lemongrass may prevent the growth of some bacteria and yeast, and it contains antioxidant properties.
- Lemongrass oil is used as a natural and safe air freshener or deodoriser.
Products: Lemongrass Air Freshener, Lemongrass Diffuser Oil, Lemongrass Scented Candle
5. Lime Oil: There are several species of citrus trees that produce lime fruits. That includes the key lime (Citrus Aurantiifolia) and the Persian/Tahitian lime (Citrus Latifolia Tanaka) trees. Lime Essential Oil is a sweet and aromatic essence obtained by cold-pressed and distilled method of extraction from Lime fruit peel or rind. The scent of the Lime Essential Oil gives a fresh, energising feeling due to its sharp, sweet and fruity fragrance.
For aromatherapy: The Lime essential oil is ideal for use in aromatherapy, as they posses numerous healing benefits like treating cold and flu creating an aroma that can be, soothing and energising.
Health Benefits: Lime essential oil's fresh and perky aroma helps in comforting and improving the mood with numerous health benefits.
- The Lime essential oil's active chemical components contribute to its reputed benefits of being invigorating, cleansing, and purifying oil. Hence, it is used in air freshener, air purifier, and surface purifier.
- Its properties attribute to the oil's anti-inflammatory, astringent, analgesic, stimulant, antiseptic and purifying properties.
- It also provides soothing aroma which makes it a necessary ingredients in every air freshener product.
Products: Lime Fresh Perfume Parcel, Lime Fresh Bathroom Gel Freshener, Turquoise Sea Breeze Air Freshener, Musk Essence Air Freshener, English Gardenia Air Freshener, Atlantic Breeze Air Freshener, Sea Blue Diffuser Oil